Honeywell CERAMIC HEATER Model HCE200 Series
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
– READ AND SAVE THESE OPERATING AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS HEATER. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THESES INSTRUCTIONS OR PRODUCT LABELS PLEASE CALL OUR CUSTOMER REPRESENTIVIES AT (800) 477-0457
FOR ASSISTANCE BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.
– Failure to follow any of these safety instructions could result in fire, injury or death.
Electrical appliances may expose people to hazards that can cause severe injury as well as death. The use of electrical products may create hazards that include, but are not limited to, injury, fire, electrical shock and electrical system damage. These instructions are intended to provide you with the information you need to use the product and to avoid such hazards.
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons including the following:
- Warning – Read all instructions before using this heater.
- Warning – This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If provided, use handles when moving this heater. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m) from the front of the heater and keep them away from the sides and rear.
- Warning – Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or invalids, and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended.
- Warning – Always unplug heater when not in use.
- Warning – Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the heater malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Discard heater or return heater to authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
- Warning – For residential use only.
- Warning – Do not use outdoors.
- Warning – This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- Warning – Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- CAUTION – THIS APPLIANCE HAS A POLARIZED PLUG (ONE BLADE IS WIDER THAN THE OTHER). TO REDUCE THE RISK OF SHOCK, THIS PLUG IS INTENDED TO FIT ONLY ONE WAY IN A POLARIZED OUTLET. IF THE PLUG DOES NOT FIT SECURELY IN THE OUTLET, REVERSE THE PLUG. IF IT STILL DOES NOT FIT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DEFEAT THIS SAFETY FEATURE.
- Warning – It is normal for the plug to feel warm to the touch; however, a loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlet.
- Warning – To disconnect the heater, first turn off the product, then grip the plug body and pull it from the wall outlet. Never pull by the cord.
- Warning – DO NOT insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
- Warning – To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, or where openings may become blocked.
- Warning – A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint or flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Warning – Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Warning – Always plug heater directly into a wall outlet/receptacle. Never use with an extension cord or relocatable power tap (outlet/power strip).
- Warning – Never tamper with this product or attempt to fix it. Any tampering with, or modification of this product can result in serious injury, death, or fire. Risk of electric shock. Do Not open. No user serviceable parts inside.
- Warning – DO NOT remove product labels that contain warnings or safety instruction.
- Caution – The output of this heater may vary and its temperature may become intense enough to burn exposed skin. Use of this heater is not recommended for persons with reduced sensitivity to heat or an inability to react to avoid burns.
- Caution – Before cleaning, or storage, or when not in use, turn the product’s controls to the OFF position and unplug the heater from the electrical outlet and allow to cool.
- Caution – Place the heater on a firm, level, open surface free from obstructions and at least 3 feet (0.9 m) away from any combustible materials. DO NOT use on an unstable surface such as bedding or deep carpeting. Be sure the heater is not in a position where it may be tripped over by small children or pets. The heater’s rubber feet will hold it firmly in position.
- Caution – If your home has aluminum wiring have a licensed electrician check your receptacle’s connections. When using a 1500 watt heater, aluminum wire connections can cause a safety issue.
- 24. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
HEATER SHOULD NOT BE OPERATED WITHOUT THE METAL STAND PROPERLY POSITIONED.
BE SURE THE HEATER IS NOT IN A POSITION WHERE IT MAY BE TRIPPED OVER BY CHILDREN OR PETS.
- Place the heater on a firm, level, open surface free from obstructions and at least 3 feet (0.9m) away from any wall or any combustible material. DO NOT use on an unstable surface such as bedding or deep carpeting.
- Fully extend metal stand located on the back of the heater and route cord through stand.
MOVING THE HEATER
- Turn off the heater.
- Allow it to cool for ten minutes.
- Unplug heater and move. This heater is equipped with a Cool Touch housing for your convenience. Please use caution when moving as grille area could be hot.
- NOTE: While the UberHeat™ Ceramic Heater requires no assembly, the metal stand located on the back of the unit should be properly positioned before use.
- NOTE: NEVER LEAVE AN OPERATING UNIT UNATTENDED
- The UberHeat™ Ceramic Heater is a portable ceramic heater designed to provide quick, even heating for personal warmth and whole room heating.
Model HCE200 Series – Manual Ceramic Heater Operation
- With the Power Switch in the OFF ( ) position, plug the heater into a polarized 120V outlet. DO NOT FORCE THE POLARIZED PLUG INTO THE OUTLET; it will only fit one way.
- The Power Switch is equipped with two (2) settings, Low and High. The Low setting ( ) uses 900 watts of power and the High setting ( ) uses 1500 watts of power. You can select the proper setting to accommodate your comfort level with the Power Switch. When you choose any setting the red Power Light will come on. Because the Low setting does not require as much electricity to operate, it is more energy efficient and may be a better option if you are concerned about the amperage draw on a circuit when the heater is on the High setting.
- Turn the Thermostat Control fully clockwise to the highest setting.
- When the room reaches a comfortable temperature, slowly turn the Thermostat Control counter-clockwise until the heating element goes off (the red Power Light will not be shut off). This is the point at which the Thermostat setting equals the room temperature. At this setting, the Thermostat will automatically turn the heater on and off to maintain the selected temperature.
- Turn the Power Switch to OFF ( ) and unplug the heater when you are finished using it.
Ceramic Heater is equipped with several devices and features for added protection:
- A four way tip-over switch disables the heater if it is accidentally tipped in any direction. If tipped over, the unit should be set upright and follow the OPERATION instructions.
- A high temperature safety control prevents overheating. If activated, unplug the device and wait at least 10 minutes or allow the unit to cool completely. Then plug the heater back in and follow the OPERATION instructions.
- The heater is also equipped with a thermal cut-off fuse that will permanently shut down the heater should it operate at a higher than normal temperature. If activated, the unit will need to be replaced.
- This heater was created using a high quality, heat resistant plastic and has a Cool to Touch housing.
We recommend that the UberHeatTM
Ceramic Heater be cleaned at least once a month and before off-season storage.
- Turn the heater OFF and unplug it. Allow it to cool.
- Use a dry cloth only to clean the external surfaces of the heater. DO NOT USE WATER, WAXES, POLISHES OR ANY CHEMICAL SOLUTION.
- Clean your UberHeatTM Ceramic Heater using the above-mentioned steps. Wrap the cord around the unit. Place in its original box and store it in a cool, dry place.
- This heater does not disassemble.
If your UberHeatTM
Ceramic Heater shuts off unexpectedly or fails to operate, one of your heater safety features may have been activated to prevent overheating.
- Be sure it is plugged in and that the electrical outlet is working.
- Check your Thermostat Control setting. The unit may simply be off because you have reached your desired heat setting.
- Check for any obstructions. If you find an obstruction, turn the heater OFF ( ) and unplug it. Allow the heater to cool completely, then remove the obstruction. Wait at least 10 minutes, then plug the heater back in and follow the OPERATION instructions.
- Check to ensure that metal stand does not rest on top of power cord. This could activate the tip-over switch. Cord should be routed through the metal stand.
||7.8″ L x 6.4″ W x 10.9″ H
Operation Cost* To estimate the cost to operate this heater, multiple the watts used times .001 to convert into a kilowatts measure and multiple by your local kilowatt electric rate for however long you run the heater. For example, if your electric rate is $.1196**per kilowatt hour and you ran this heater in constant high mode (1500 watts) for 4 hours, it would cost you $.71 cents to run the heater (1500 watts x 4 hours x.001) x .1196kwp = .71 cents.
NOTE: Because the Low setting does not require as much electricity to operate, it is more energy efficient and may be a better option if you are concerned about the higher power consumption when the heater is on the High setting.
*Calculation (Total Wattage x .001) x Cost per Kilowatt Hour = Cost to operate
**Average Retail Price of Electricity to Ultimate Customer by End-Use, US Energy Information Administration, March 2013.
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-477-0457
E-mail: [email protected]
Or visit our website at: www.HoneywellPluggedIn.com/Heaters
Please be sure to specify a model number.
NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM, PLEASE CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST OR SEE YOUR WARRANTY. DO NOT RETURN THE PRODUCT TO THE ORIGINAL PLACE OF PURCHASE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE MOTOR HOUSING YOURSELF, DOING SO MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE PRODUCT OR PERSONAL INJURY.
3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
You should first read all instructions before attempting to use this product.
- This 3 year limited warranty applies to repair or replacement of product found to be defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use or supplemental damage. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty. KAZ IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE D URATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase.
- At its option, Kaz will repair or replace this product if it is found to be defective in material or workmanship.
- This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to repair or from any use not in accordance with the instruction manual.