User’s Manual For Keypad Safe
Read all instructions before using this safe.
OPEN SAFE WITH EMERGENCY KEY
- New safe is in factory default mode. Factory Pin Code is “159”
- Follow manual to set and test your personal pin code.
- Replace the cap on the Initialization Button after Pin Code Registration
- Avoid leaving safe door open and unattended; it will allow unauthorized individuals to reprogram the safe, gaining full access to the safe and its contents.
- Test Emergency Keys and store them in a secure place, NOT inside of the safe.
- To maximize security and performance of the safe, test pin code every 6 months.
- Remove round cap, and insert Emergency Key.
- Turn Emergency Key counter clockwise and turn the Door Knob clockwise to open the safe.
- Remove battery compartment cover.
- Insert 4 AA batteries and restore battery cover.
Note: Do not mix old and new batteries
PIN CODE REGISTRATION
Safe retains 1 pin code
Factory default pin code is: “159”
TEST REGISTERED PIN CODE
- Remove cap on the Initialization Button located on the back of the safe, then press and release the initialization button. Indicator light under proceed should light up.
- Enter desired 3-8 digit Pin Code and press “#” key. Indicator light under proceed should disappear. Replace cap on the initialization button.
- With safe door open, extend the bolts by turning the door knob counterclockwise.
- Enter Registered Pin Code and press “” key. Turn door knob clockwise.
If you were able to turn the door knob with your registered pin code then registration was successful.
If you were NOT able to turn the door knob with your registered pin code then registration was unsuccessful. Please follow Pin Code Registration again to register your desired pin code.
OPEN / CLOSE DOOR
Enter registered Pin Code and press “
” button. Turn handle clockwise and open the door.
Door: Close the door and turn handle counterclockwise.
Note: If 3 wrong Pin Codes are entered safe will activate alarm for 20 seconds and safe will be inoperable.
Another 3 continuous wrong entries and alarm will activate for 5 min and safe will be inoperable.
DOOR OPEN ALARM
Door alarm will sound if safe is opened for more than 1 min. Close and lock safe door.
Note: Alarm will Not sound in silent mode.
Sound On – Press “
Sound Off – Press “
Note: Door alarm will Not sound in Silent Mode.
LOW BATTERY WARNING
When safe is low on battery, low battery indicator light will light up. Follow steps under Install Batteries to install batteries.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Keep liquids away from the control panel. Spills on the control panel will cause damage and possibly electric shock.
- Secure safe in a proper area to prevent from falling and causing damage or injury.
- DO NOT disassemble the product. For all repairs, contact BARSKA Customer Service.
- DO NOT use chemicals or cleaning agents to clean the safe.
- See reverse side for more information
The safe may be mounted to a wall or floor. Be aware of the load bearing. Failure to do so can result in personal injury and/or damage to property. Use appropriate tools when performing work and always use eye protection.
Do not mount the safe without anchoring to the wall
- Find the studs in the wall, at your desired location. Most studs are 16 inches or 24 inches apart
- Check the wall for concealed wires or pipes
- Measure the location of the pre-set drill holes; mark their exact position onto the wall ensuring that the studs or anything else behind will not interfere
- Drill the appropriate size holes for the anchors you are using
- Carefully press the anchor into the holes at this time
- Mount the safe by running screws from inside of the safe and securing to anchors; ensure the safe is mounted securely
- Use proper drill tools depending on the type of floor you are mounting the safe (wood, tile, or concrete).
- Measure the location of the pre-set drill holes; mark their exact position onto the floor.
- Drill the appropriate size holes for the anchors you are using.
- Carefully press the anchor into the holes at this time.
- Mount the safe by running screws from inside of the safe and securing to anchors; ensure the safe is mounted securely.