READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Please read this manual carefully before using this appliance, as correct use will give the best possible performance. Retain these instructions for future reference.
This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
Parts of the appliance are liable to get hot during use.
If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent.
! Allow adequate space above and on all sides for air circulation. Do not allow the appliance to touch any flammable material during use (such as curtains or wall coverings). Do not use under a wall cupboard.
! Ensure the appliance is switched off and unplugged from the supply socket after use and before cleaning.
! Always allow the appliance to cool before cleaning or storing.
! Use extreme caution when moving the appliance when it contains hot food or hot liquids.
! Avoid sudden temperature changes such as adding refrigerated foods into a heated pot.
! Do not use the appliance if it has been dropped or if there are any visible signs of damage.
! Never use this appliance for anything other than its intended use. This appliance is for household use only. Do not use this appliance outdoors
! Never immerse any part of the appliance or power cord and plug in water or any other liquid.
! Never let the power cord hang over the edge of a work top, touch hot surfaces or become knotted, trapped or pinched.
! This appliance must not be placed on or near any potentially hot surfaces (such as a gas or electric hob).
! Do not touch the external surfaces of the appliance during use as they may become very hot. Use oven gloves or a cloth when removing the lid. Beware of escaping steam when removing the lid.
! Never operate the appliance if it is empty or without the lid fitted or if the lid is cracked or damaged.
! Don’t place the stoneware cooking pot on any surface affected by heat. Always place the pot onto a trivet or insulated mat.
! Be careful when placing the cooking pot directly onto delicate or polished surfaces because the base of the pot is unglazed and can cause scratches or other marks. We recommend placing protective padding under the pot to protect these types of surface.
THIS APPLIANCE IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY. DO NOT USE THE APPLIANCE FOR OTHER THAN THE INTENDED USE
FITTING OF A PLUG – FOR U.K. AND IRELAND ONLY
If the plug is not suitable for the socket outlets in your home, it can be removed and replaced by a plug of the correct type. If the plug is unsuitable, it should be dismantled and removed from the
supply cord and an appropriate plug fitted as detailed below. If you remove the plug it must not be connected to a 13 amp socket and the plug must be disposed of immediately.
WARNING – THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE EARTHED
: If the terminals in the plug are not marked or if you are unsure or in doubt about the installation of the plug please contact a qualified electrician.
If a 13A 3-pin plug is fitted, it must be an ASTA approved plug, conforming to BS1363 standard. Replacement fuses must be BSI or ASTA BS1362 approved.
The wires in the mains lead are coloured as such:
Please note that the colour of these mains wires may not correspond with the colour markings that identify the terminals in your plug. Please proceed as follows:
- GREEN AND YELLOW – EARTH
- BROWN – LIVE
- BLUE – NEUTRAL
The wire which is coloured GREEN AND YELLOW must be connected to the terminal which is marked with the letter ‘E’ or by the earth symbol (
) or coloured GREEN or GREEN AND YELLOW.
The BROWN coloured wire must be connected to the terminal, which is marked with the letter “L” or is coloured RED.
The BLUE coloured wire must be connected to the terminal, which is marked with the letter “N” or is coloured BLACK.
PREPARING YOUR CROCK-POT® SLOW COOKER FOR USE
Before you use your slow cooker, remove all packaging components and wash the lid and stoneware with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly.
: Some countertop and table surfaces are not designed to withstand the prolonged heat generated by certain appliances. Do not set the heated unit on a surface that may be damaged by heat. We recommend placing an insulated pad or suitably sized trivet under your slow cooker to prevent possible damage to the surface.
Please use caution when placing your stoneware on a ceramic or smooth glass cook top stove, countertop, table, or other surface. Due to the nature of the stoneware, the rough bottom
surface may scratch some surfaces if caution is not used. Always place protective padding under stoneware before placing it on a table or countertop.
|Time setting display
|Temperature select button
|Timer up/down buttons
|Power cord (not shown)
HOW TO USE YOUR SLOW COOKER
- Place the stoneware into the heating base, add your ingredients into the stoneware and cover with the lid. Plug in your Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Select the temperature setting using the temperature select button G. The high temperature light ( ) or low temperature light ( ) will come on.
NOTE: The KEEP WARM setting ( ) is ONLY for keeping food that has already been cooked warm. DO NOT cook on the WARM setting. We do not recommend using the WARM setting for more than 4 hours.
- Press the timer up/down buttons to select a cooking time. The time can be set in increments of 30 minutes up to 20 hours. Select the time based on the length of time indicated in the recipe. The time will begin to count down in one minute increments.
- When cooking has finished, your slow cooker will automatically switch to the KEEP WARM setting and the keep warm light ( ) will come on.
- To stop cooking, press the standby button I. Follow steps 2 and 3 above to return to cooking. To turn your slow cooker OFF, unplug it from the supply socket.
- If the mains power has been interrupted (power cut), the display and lights will flash when the power is restored. All the slow cooker settings will have been lost. As a result, the food may be unsafe to eat. If you are unaware of how long the power was off, we suggest you discard the food inside.
- If desired, you can manually switch to the KEEP WARM setting when your recipe has finished cooking.
- To avoid over or under-cooking, always fill the stoneware ½ to ¾ full and conform to the recommended cooking times.
- Do not overfill the stoneware. To prevent spillover, do not fill the stoneware higher than ¾ full.
- Always cook with the lid on for the recommended time. Do not remove the lid during the first two hours of cooking to allow the heat to build up efficiently.
- Always wear oven gloves when handling the lid or stoneware.
- Unplug when cooking has finished and before cleaning.
- The removable stoneware is ovenproof. Do not use removable stoneware on a gas burner, electric hob or under a grill.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR SLOW COOKER
- ALWAYS unplug your slow cooker from the electrical outlet and allow it to cool before cleaning.
- The lid and stoneware can be washed in the dishwasher or with hot, soapy water. Do not use abrasive cleaning compounds or scouring pads. A cloth, sponge, or rubber spatula will usually remove residue. To remove water spots and other stains, use a non-abrasive cleaner or vinegar.
- As with any fine ceramic, the stoneware and lid will not withstand sudden temperature changes. Do not wash the stoneware or lid with cold water when they are hot.
- The outside of the heating base may be cleaned with a soft cloth and warm, soapy water. Wipe dry. Do not use abrasive cleaners.
CAUTION: Never immerse the heating base in water or any other liquid.
- No other servicing should be performed.
: After cleaning by hand allow the stoneware to air dry before storing.
HINTS AND TIPS
PASTA AND RICE:
- If a recipe requires noodles, macaroni etc. to be added, cook on a conventional stove until slightly tender and add to your slow cooker during the last 30 minutes of cooking. To use rice, stir in with the other ingredients and add ¼ cup extra of liquid for every ¼ cup of rice. Long grain rice gives better results.
- Beans must be softened completely before combining with sugar and/or acidic foods. Sugar and acid have a hardening effect on beans and will prevent softening.
- Dried beans, especially red kidney beans, should be boiled before adding to a recipe.
- Fully cooked canned beans may be used as a substitute for dried beans.
HERBS AND SPICES:
- Many vegetables benefit from slow cooking and are able to develop their full flavour. They tend not to overcook in your slow cooker as they might in your oven or on your hob.
- When cooking recipes with vegetables and meat, place vegetables in slow cooker before meat. Vegetables usually cook more slowly than meat in the slow cooker.
- Place vegetables near the sides or bottom of the stoneware to facilitate cooking.
- Fresh herbs add flavour and colour, but should be added at the end of the cooking cycle as the flavour will dissipate over long cook times.
- Ground and/or dried herbs and spices work well in slow cooking and may be added at the beginning.
- The flavour power of all herbs and spices can vary greatly depending on their particular strength and shelf life. Use herbs sparingly, taste at end of cook cycle and adjust seasonings just before serving.
- Milk, cream, and sour cream break down during extended cooking. When possible, add during the last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking.
- Condensed soups may be substituted for milk and can cook for extended times.
- Some recipes call for large amounts of water. Add the soup ingredients to the slow cooker first then add water only to cover. If a thinner soup is desired, add more liquid when serving.
- Trim fat, rinse well, and pat meat dry with paper towels.
- Browning meat in a separate skillet or grill pan allows fat to be drained off before slow cooking and also adds greater depth of flavour.
- Meat should be positioned so that it rests in the stoneware without touching the lid.
- For smaller or larger cuts of meat, alter the amount of vegetables or potatoes so that the stoneware is always ½ to ¾ full.
- The size of the meat and the recommended cook times are just estimates and can vary depending upon the specific cut, type, and bone structure. Lean meats such as chicken or pork tenderloin tend to cook faster than meats with more connective tissue and fat such as beef chuck or pork shoulder. Cooking meat on the bone versus boneless will increase required cook times.
- Cut meat into smaller pieces when cooking with precooked foods such as beans or fruit, or light vegetables such as mushrooms, diced onion, aubergine or finely chopped vegetables. This enables all food to cook at the same rate.
- When cooking frozen meats, at least 1 cup of warm liquid must first be added. The liquid will act as a “cushion” to prevent sudden temperature changes. An additional 4 hours on LOW or 2 hours on HIGH is typically required. For larger cuts of frozen meat, it may take much longer to defrost and tenderise.
- Fish cooks quickly and should be added at the end of the cooking cycle during the last fifteen minutes to hour of cooking.
- For best results and to prevent food from drying or burning, always ensure an adequate amount of liquid is used in the recipe.
- It might appear that our recipes only have a small quantity of liquid in them but the slow cooking process differs from other cooking methods in that the added liquid in the recipe will almost double during the cooking time. So, if you are adapting a recipe for your slow cooker, please reduce the amount of liquid before cooking.
BABY BACK RIBS
2–3 racks of baby back ribs cut into 3–4 pieces
600ml barbecue sauce
½ onions, chopped
BBQ PULLED PORK
- Place ribs in Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Top with onion and barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7-9 hours or on High for 4-5 hours, or until meat is tender.
- To serve, cut ribs between bones and coat with extra sauce as desired.
1 kg pork loin, trimmed of fat
600ml barbecue sauce
1–1½ onions, chopped
3-4 burger buns or soft rolls
- Place pork loin in Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Top with onion and barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7–9 hours or on High for 4–5 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork from Crock-Pot® slow cooker and shred with a fork. Add pork back into Crock-Pot® slow cooker and coat with sauce.
- Serve BBQ pulled pork on burger buns or soft rolls.
Sea salt and pepper
700g braising steak, cut into 2.5 centimetre cubes
1½ large carrots, peeled and sliced
½ medium onion, sliced
3 strips cooked bacon, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
150ml beef stock
240ml red or Burgundy wine
7-8g tomato purée
1 cloves garlic, chopped
1½ sprigs fresh thyme, stemmed
1 bay leaf
225g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Coat beef in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Sear beef in a frying pan on the hob (optional).
- Place meat in Crock-Pot® slow cooker and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8–10 hours or on High for 6 hours, or until meat is tender.
LEMON HERB ROASTED CHICKEN
1.5kg roasting chicken
1 small onion
Juice of one lemon
2.5g sea salt
15g fresh parsley
5g dried thyme
100ml water or stock
- Place the onion in the cavity of the chicken and rub the skin with butter. Place chicken in Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and sprinkle with the remaining seasonings. Add the water/ stock then cover and cook on Low 8–10 hours or on High 4 hours.
1–1½ onions, thinly sliced
500g chicken (breasts or thighs), skinned
200g can plum tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
200ml dry white wine or stock
10 pitted Kalamata olives, chopped coarsely
Handful fresh parsley or basil, stemmed and coarsely chopped
Sea salt and pepper
- Place sliced onion in Crock-Pot® slow cooker and cover with chicken.
- In a bowl, stir tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic and white wine together. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 4 hours or, or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in capers, olives and herbs just before serving.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Note: Cooking chicken on the bone versus boneless will increase cook time about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
1 large onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
500g minced beef
400g can red kidney beans, drained
200g can diced tomatoes
1 chilli pepper (optional), seeded and chopped
7-8g tomato purée
2.5g cayenne pepper
100ml beef stock
- Add all ingredients to Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8–9 hours or on High for 4 hours.
800g – 1kg shoulder of beef
1½ onions, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
Sea salt and pepper
120g mushrooms, sliced
1½ carrots, sliced
120ml beef stock or wine
1½ potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Coat beef in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Sear roast in a frying pan on hob (optional).
- Place all vegetables in Crock-Pot® slow cooker, except mushrooms. Add roast and spread mushrooms on top. Pour in liquid.
- Cover and cook on Low for 10 hours or on High for 6 hours, or until tender.
500 – 600g shoulder of beef, cubed
Sea salt and pepper
350ml beef stock
7.5ml Worcestershire sauce
1½ cloves garlic, chopped
1 bay leaf
3 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
1-1½ onions, chopped
1½ celery stalks, sliced
EASY, HEALTHY FISH FILLET
- Sprinkle flour, salt and pepper over meat. Place meat in Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8–10 hours or on High for 6 hours, or until meat is tender. Stir thoroughly before serving.
Sea salt and pepper
500g white fish (cod, sea bass, etc), skinned
Fresh herbs (parsley, basil, tarragon, etc.)
1½ lemons, thinly sliced
Prepared salsa or olive tapenade to garnish
- Season both sides of the fish and place in Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Cover top of fish with herbs and lemon slices, and place some under the fish.
- Cover and cook on High for approximately 30–40 minutes, or until no longer translucent. Cook times vary depending on thickness of fish.
- Remove lemon slices and top with salsa or tapenade.
Please keep your receipt as this will be required for any claims under this guarantee.
This appliance is guaranteed for 2 years after your purchase as described in this document.
During this guaranteed period, if in the unlikely event the appliance no longer functions due to a design or manufacturing fault, please take it back to the place of purchase, with your till receipt and a copy of this guarantee.
The rights and benefits under this guarantee are additional to your statutory rights, which are not affected by this guarantee. Only Jarden Consumer Solutions (Europe) Limited (“JCS (Europe)”) has the right to change these terms.
JCS (Europe) undertakes within the guarantee period to repair or replace the appliance, or any part of appliance found to be not working properly free of charge provided that:
- you promptly notify the place of purchase or JCS (Europe) of the problem; and
- the appliance has not been altered in any way or subjected to damage, misuse, abuse, repair or alteration by a person other than a person authorised by JCS (Europe).
Faults that occur through, improper use, damage, abuse, use with incorrect voltage, acts of nature, events beyond the control of JCS (Europe), repair or alteration by a person other than a person authorised by JCS (Europe) or failure to follow instructions for use are not covered by this guarantee. Additionally, normal wear and tear, including, but not limited to, minor discoloration and scratches are not covered by this guarantee.
The rights under this guarantee shall only apply to the original purchaser and shall not extend to commercial or communal use.
If your appliance includes a country-specific guarantee or warranty insert please refer to the terms and conditions of such guarantee or warranty in place of this guarantee or contact your local authorized dealer for more information.
Waste electrical products should not be disposed of with household waste. Please recycle where facilities exist. E-mail us at [email protected]
for further recycling and WEEE information.
Jarden Consumer Solutions (Europe) Limited 5400 Lakeside
Cheadle Royal Business Park Cheadle
SK8 3GQ UK