WhirleyPop™ Popcorn Popper – Instructions
Seasoning Instructions: First Time Use
- Wash and season pan:
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Tilt the pan to coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Heat for 20 seconds or until oil is hot.
- Do not leave pan unattended.
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Wipe out with a napkin and start popping!
- Do not add any ingredients while the popper is on any heat source
- Use the proper amounts of oil and popcorn.
- For Popcorn use 1/2 Cup
- For Oil use 1-3 Tablespoon
- Some gourmet hybrid popcorn such as white, crimson or petite pop-up smaller and should be adjusted accordingly
- As you become more comfortable with your popper, you can reduce the amount of oil used to as low as a single teaspoon. That’s about 41 calories – 4 1/2 fat grams!
- Do not preheat popper and oil
- Place popper with added ingredients on gas stove and turn on the burner. Medium heat is best.
- If using electric range, heat range only to medium-high; place popper with added ingredients on heated unit
- Stir slowly, adjust temperature as needed so popping is complete in about 3 minutes
- Continue stirring through entire process until there is only an occasional pop…pop, or until the handle becomes hard to turn. Do not force the handle.
- Remove from heat immediately
- Transfer into a serving bowl
- Add butter and salt or your favorite seasoning
Never place empty popper on heated stovetop Never leave popper unattended while popping